On behalf of the Governors of Lathom High School, I welcome you to the School’s website.
The Governors have general responsibility for the conduct of the school to promote high standards of educational achievement. We ensure that students are attending a successful school which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being. Our role in the running of the school is largely strategic, ensuring high standards of corporate governance, and includes:
Policy development and strategic planning
- Ensuring sound management and administration of the school
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Assessing and managing risk
- Setting the school’s standards of conduct and values
- Managing the financial, human and other resources
The Governors act as a “critical friend” to the Headteacher and staff by providing constructive advice, support, a sounding board for ideas and help where needed. A critical friend may also challenge, ask questions, seek information, improve proposals and so seek to arrive at the best solution.
We ensure accountability by:
- Responding to OfSTED reports
- Monitoring performance and the achievement of objectives
- Maintaining a system of effective internal controls
- Being responsive to the needs of parents and the community
- Making information available to the wider community
My role as Chair is to harness and develop the skills and experience of our Governors in the most effective way for the good of the school.
If you wish to contact me, please email me or write to me at the school for the attention of the Secretary to the Governors, Mrs Jane Jackson
Mrs Diane Murray
Chair of the Governing Body