House Contact: Miss D Grice
Radcliffe house is named after six time world champion Paula Radcliffe. From a young age Paula devoted herself full-time to her running and is now acknowledged as one of the finest athletes of the modern era.
- Paula joined Bedford and County Athletics Club at the age of 11
- At the age of 16 Paula competed in her first World Cross Country Championships
- Alongside Paula’s running in 1996 she graduated from Loughborough University with a first-class degree in modern languages
- As well as her achievements on the track, Paula has established herself as the master of the ultimate distance race, the marathon.
- She holds the world record and won the London Marathon in 2002, 2003 and 2005. In November 2004 she won the New York Marathon in breath-taking style and in 2005 she took the gold medal at the World Championships in Helsinki for the same distance.
- Paula was awarded an MBE in June 2002 and later that year was voted the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year.
‘Be The Best You Can Be'
About our House:
Radcliffe’s house colour is blue which we wear with pride at house events. We are a very creative house made up on PE, Art, Drama and Music teachers, therefore we offer a wide range of extra-curricular clubs to our students. In Radcliffe house we are always looking to reward students for excellent attendance, punctuality and attitude to learning. We do this in a number of ways including each week our form tutors select a ‘Student of the Week’, positive texts home, achievement points ‘Fun Fridays’, surprise coffee mornings and celebration assemblies.
- Winners of the Inter-House Athletics Launch Event at Robin Park 2016
- Last year we raised over £1000 for Comic Relief and local charity ‘Jogging for Joseph’
- Many of our students are part of the peer listening scheme
- Winners of the Premier League Enterprise Challenge Heat at Anfield in January 2018.
- Winners of the Big Draw 2016
- Runners up of the Big Draw in 2017
- Many Radcliffe students involved in the Creative Arts show 2017
- Many Radcliffe students involved in our sports teams
What we’re most PROUD of:
At the end of each half term we recognise students who have displayed the PROUD values in our celebration assemblies. During this time students who have gone above and beyond are rewarded for their perseverance, responsibility, ownership, understanding and determination. In particular we are extremely proud that:
- Both Head Girl and Head Boy are from Radcliffe House
- Charity work - we are extremely proud of how giving our students are. This is reflected in all the charity work we get involved with. Radcliffe House have recently been involved in numerous projects including the 1 mile Comic Relief run, reverse advent calendar, Christmas jumper day, Mission Christmas and Race for Life.
- Best attendance in the school year to date