Breakfast is available before school from 8.00am until 8.40am
Morning Break - A variety of healthy foods are available. Students entitled to free school meals receive free toast.
Lunchtime - The catering team work extremely hard to ensure that the meals provided are not only healthy and delicious but also meet the government’s food and nutrition based standards for school lunches. Please click the link to see our Current Menu
Students may bring a packed lunch to school which they will eat in the dining hall. All students are encouraged to drink unflavoured still water to re-hydrate themselves. No energy/fizzy drinks are allowed in school. It is not the school’s policy to dictate to parents what the content of packed lunches should be but the importance of eating sensibly and healthily should not be understated.
Lathom High School is a cashless school. Payment for breakfast, lunch, uniform, trips etc. is through Scopay If you haven't set up a Scopay account please contact the school office.
Some families will qualify for free school meals. Please see below for more information.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are offered to children of families who are in receipt of:
- Income Support or
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based) or
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 or
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit or
- Income related Employment Support Allowance or
- Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190 (April 10 figure)
- Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week.
Please note the rollout of the Universal Tax Credit may influence any of the above factors
To apply, simply ring your local Area Education Office (01772 532253) with details of your name, date of birth and National Insurance number and an immediate on-line decision can be given. Alternatively, complete an application form by clicking on the following link
For further information please click on the following link Lancashire County Council